What is it
We had the need for a classic threaded forum but with modern, maintainable and extendable source.
It should be deployable and scale admirably on modest shared hosting accounts.
- extendable via plugins
- different views: "threaded", "mix" and "inline"
- default markup is BBCode (use different markups via plugins)
- embed rich content
- html5 audio & video
- flash & iframe video
- embed.ly support
- code highlighting
- image upload
- mark entries read
- server side managed for registered members
- client side (cookie based) for unregistered visitors
- mobile web-app
- email notifications on replies
- roles: administrators, moderators and normal users
- community map
- localization via language files
- anti-spam measures
- structured data (schema.org)